[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.71″ custom_padding=”54px|0px|0px|0px”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.71″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.71″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://easternsingapore.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/industrial-park-1240-1.jpg” _builder_version=”3.0.71″ animation=”off”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.71″]
URA Zone for B2 Business Singapore
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.71″ custom_padding=”0px|0px|54px|0px”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.71″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.71″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.71″]Extracted from URA:
Buildings are used for industry, warehouse, utilities and telecommunication uses where the nuisance buffer is more than 50m but still within health and safety buffers
1. Clean and light industrial building is defined as Premises where the processes carried out or the machinery installed can be done so in any residential area without polluting the area with noise, vibration, odour, fumes, smoke, soot, ash, dust or grit. Some examples use classified as “light industrial” use by the National Environment Agency (NEA) are:
• Manufacture of made-up textile goods (excludes wearing apparel) without dyeing, bleaching and/or other finishing operations.
• Servicing and refilling of fire extinguishers.
• Packing and bottling of medicinal herbs and medicated oil.
• Manufacture of aluminium window frames and grilles from aluminium extrusions without spray-painting operations.
• Packing of dried foodstuff.
• Manufacture of containers and boxes of paperboard.
• Printing, publishing and allied industries.
2. General industrial building is defined as industrial building but not light industrial or special industrial buildings. Some example of use classified as “general industrial” use by NEA are:
• Vehicle / motorcycles repair and servicing.
• Installation of tyres & batteries.
• Installation of car accessories.
• Food manufacturing, food catering.
• Manufacture of furniture & fixtures.
• Manufacture of musical instruments.
• Manufacture of wooden & cane containers & small cane wares.
• Manufacture of emergency lighting and power supply systems.
• Repair and maintenance of engines, motor and mechanical pumps.
• Industrial laundry services without scheduled boilers.
• Manufacture of sporting and athletic goods
• Blending of detergents and cleaning preparations, perfumes, hair-care products, cosmetics and other toilet preparations.
Planning Permission Required
• Warehouse, storage use, subject to approval from the Land Transport Authority.
• Showroom at first storey units can be considered if they do not take up more than 40% of total gross floor area of the industrial development. Development charge at commercial rates may be levied.
• e-Business and media activities can be considered on a case-by-case basis. Development charge at commercial rates may be levied.
• Ancillary staff canteen can be considered if this is within 40% of total gross floor area of the industrial development on a case-by-case basis.