Food Factory Singapore
Food Industry Singapore
Consumption of food is a favourite pastime of Singaporeans for sure. Any business related to food is certainly a route that any businessmen should look into. Possible route is to get Food Factory in Singapore. Despite the pandemic, there is an increasing formation of Food and Beverages (F&B) Businesses which will have a positive correlative effect on the demand of food factory.
If you are still not investing in Food Factory right now, You may be Losing Big Time!
NEW LAUNCH FOOD FACTORY AVAILABLE FOR SALE,
DIRECTLY FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Stocks are running low...Only 3 Units Left (Updated as of 25 August 2022)
- FREEHOLD full fledged food factory, B2 Industrial
- Only 47 units in total
- Ramp Up, able to accomodate 20 footer trucks
- High ceiling height of 5.6 m, with no void
- Loading bay for 20 footer trucks
- 5 units per level, suitable for bulk buy currently
- Well-connected via Bukit Timah Expressway (KPE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Kranji Expressway (KJE)
- Easy access to Woodlands Regional Centre and Causeway
PSF from S$1,5XX
From 1,862 sqft (173 sqm) to 2,928 sqft (272 sqm)
ZACD Group & Welltech Construction
Estimated Completion (or TOP)
End 2022 to early 2033 (TBC)
- Exquisite 10 storey Ramp Up Food Factory, ready for central kitchen, cold storage and food production
- CT FoodChain is purposefully designed with High Specifications for Food Factory such as the floor is 7.5 cm lower for easier washing and the exhaust is outside the unit
- Located within Pandan Food Zone with many food suppliers
- It has great connectivity to various expressways and the future Greater Southern Waterfront
- The layout of the unit is highly functional with a high ceiling height
- Provision of supply gas pipe from Centralised LPG cylinder is provided with cap off at unit entrance
- Attractively Priced
Chui Teng Group
Estimated Completion (or TOP)
Mid 2022 (TBC)
IS THERE A DEMAND FOR FOOD FACTORY IN SINGAPORE*?
Get Bullish On Central Kitchen And Food Factory Singapore
During the deep pandemic times, from June 2020 to June 2021, at least 1,000 new food and beverage and retail businesses are opened each month on average. The number of business formed exceed that of closures.
The demand for food factory is expected to stay healthy because of:
- Increasing popularity of e-commerce
- Establishment of effective food delivery services
- Increase productivity and lower of cost in using central kitchen
- New food business strategy in using cloud kitchens.
The government plays a big role in governing the supply of food, from start to finish. As a result, strategies taken are:
- Regulating High Specification for Food Factory, with strict requirements from URA and SFA
- Establishment of Dedicated Food Zones in Singapore
- Getting Polytechnic to offer courses in Agricultural Technologies
- Encouraging Hydroponic Technologies and moving them into Factories, particularly food factories
- Embarking on a 30 by 30 Vision, to locally produce 30% of Singapore's nutritional needs by 2030
High Specifications Required for Food Factory
Requirements From Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
Food Factory are B2 zone and have to be designed and constructed for food production and storage. There are requirements set up URA for B2 industrial buildings such as:
- Required Road Buffer
- Floor-to-floor Height
- Allowable Uses
- Minimum Unit Size
- Goods Lifts and Loading Bays
- Use Quantum -
Minimum 60% of unit GFA for predominant uses;
Maximum 40% of unit GFA ancillary uses
Requirements from Singapore Food Agency (SFA)
And there are requirements set by SFA on food establishments, with licensing, inspection, sampling and enforcement action including cleaning and sanitation program, pest control, maintenance program and so on.
Design and Construction
As a result, developers have to come up with high specifications on how the food factory be designed and constructed so that users could use their units to cater to these requirements. Some aspects would include handling of:
- Gas Cylinder
- Exhaust Air Duct
- Waste Disposal
- Grease Trap
- Higher Power Output
- Higher Floor Loading
Singapore 30 by 30 Vision
The Covid Pandemic has exposed a food supply venerability in Singapore.
Singapore's reliance on imports for 90% of its food puts it at the mercy of external forces in exporting countries, the majority of which are beyond the Republic's control. Home-based producers now meet less than 10% of Singapore's nutritional needs.
According to Singapore Food Agency, Singapore imports food from some 170 countries. There has to be a change.
As a result, the SFA has set a goal for local produced food to meet 30% of Singapore's nutritional needs by 2030, reducing the country's reliance on imports and its vulnerability to supply interruptions.
3 Strategies that Government is embarking on are:
- Tapping on Technology, expanding agri-food production and automating systems via robotics and sensors
- Grooming Experts in the Field with Singaporean talent in urban food production processes and business models
- Encouraging Consumers in Choosing Homegrown Produce with initiatives with SG Framers' Markets and Supermarkets
Central Kitchen Singapore
Using Food Factory units as a Central Kitchen is one of the latest strategies that food manufacturer is embarking. Demand for them are increasing due to:
- Overall F%B labour crunch
- Tightly controlled food zones
- High rental at malls
- Economies of scale for small F&B establishments
- Sharp rise in new F&B business formations
- Government push for greater F&B productivity
Cloud Kitchen Singapore
When dining-in was restricted in April to June 2020, due to the Circuit Breaker, food business models emerged to offer direct delivery to clients' homes. Cloud Kitchens, which are centralised medium- to large-scale commercial kitchens made up of several small-scale identical modular kitchen units, grew as a result of this.
Each Cloud Kitchen is outfitted with the required processing equipment to support the production of ready-to-eat food products for direct delivery to consumers via online meal delivery platforms, with no direct retail or dine-in choices.
This trend will continue post-pandemic and food factory would serve to be a strong candidate to host cloud kitchens.
Designated Regions For Food
In Singapore, there are designated food zones where the food establishments are. The North region and West region in Singapore are the top 2 regions that food factories are located.
In the North region, there will more food related transformation such as Northern Agri-Tech and Food Corridor, with will link the future Agri-Food Innovation Park in Sungei Kadut Eco-District.
Today, there is an opportunity for you to look at a FREEHOLD food factory at Mandai Estate called Foodfab@Mandai. A high specification designed food factory with 47 production units. More information at:
At the West region, it will be nearer to Singapore 'Second CBD', the Jurong Lake District, Jurong Innovation District, 10 minute drive from Jurong Fishery Market and the future Greater Southern Waterfront.
The rare opportunity for food businesses is presented in CT FoodChain, a brand-new food Industrial development at Pandan Food Zone with 64-year lease. More details at:
FOOTNOTES ON FOOD FACTORY SINGAPORE
* Food factories refer to Singapore Food Agency (SFA) licensed food establishments where food is manufactured, processed, prepared or packed for the purpose of distribution to wholesalers and retailers. It includes noodles and pasta manufacturers, bakery and flour confectionery manufacturers, meat and fish process establishments, slaughterhouses and cold stores used for the storage of meat and/or fish products.
As of 2018, there are 1,801 food factories, as compared to only 1,476 factories in 2012.
Scan this code for Whatsapp
Have a Chat With Us
Commercial Properties Singapore
8.00 am to 10.00 pm
Hotline: +65 6100 8123