Top Three Best Commercial Property For Sale Singapore
Prices Are Updated as of 19 June 2022
NO ABSD for Commerical Properties
Not Affected by COOLING MEASURES 2021
LIMITED Strata Titled Properties
Foreigners Welcome to Invest
Low Interest Rates NOW
Many potential local and foreign buyers have approached us on which property investments are the best for this new norm of COVID Pandemic. While there are many good residential properties for investment, many are keen to explore the commercial properties available for sale, directly from the developers. Commercial properties are known for higher rental yield and all would want to avoid paying the Additional Buyer Stamp Duty (for residential only).
Without much ado, the five best current commercial property investments, as of December 2021, are as follows:
Stocks are running low...Only 8 Units Left (Updated as of 17 June 2022)
- FREEHOLD full fledged food factory, B2 Industrial
- Only 47 units in total
- Ramp Up, able to accomodate 20 footer trucks
- High ceiling height of 5.6 m, with no void
- Loading bay for 20 footer trucks
- 5 units per level, suitable for bulk buy currently
- Well-connected via Bukit Timah Expressway (KPE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Kranji Expressway (KJE)
- Easy access to Woodlands Regional Centre and Causeway
PSF from S$1,5XX
From 1,862 sqft (173 sqm) to 2,928 sqft (272 sqm)
ZACD Group & Welltech Construction
Estimated Completion (or TOP)
End 2022 to early 2033 (TBC)
- Limited supply of Grade A Office Spaces in CBD
- Different layout configurations (with the option to amalgamate) to meet every need
- Independent air-conditioning system facilitates flexible operating hours
- 2 minute walk from Raffles Place MRT Station
- Easy access to major transport networks and expressways
- Few minute drive to Orchard
- Lofty open space lobby with security access
- Dedicated office entrance and lobby for select units enhances privacy and prestige
- Advanced security system
- 24-hour CCTV surveillance system
- Highly desirable location for MNCs, Financial Institutions and Regional Offices
- Foreigners Are Eligible
- Some units are tenanted which are great for Investors
PSF from S$2,9XX
From 786 sqft (73 sqm) to 3,617 sqft (336 sqm)
Estimated Completion (or TOP)
Location: East Coast Road
Developer: Oxley Vibrant Pte Ltd
- Super Rare FREEHOLD Commercial Mall, Next at Katong/East Coast
- Close to Hotels and Residential Houses
- The Flow Mall is only 195m Up-coming Marine Parade MRT station
- Each unit with attached toilet
- 2-level shop allowing shop owners to have flexible configurations
- Admittedly, it is quiet now so developer have lower the prices. When Covid restrictions are minimal, this mall will start to get very busy.
Price Guide (Limited Units Left)
- Prices from only S$1,96x,xxx
- PSF from S$2,5xx
- Sizes from 775 sqft (72 sqm) to 904 sqft (84 sqm)
Top 5 Reasons to Consider Commercial Properties in Singapore
1. Singapore is a great place for investment.
The world is in a constant state of conflict and there is much chaos in major economies. In Singapore, the government has been tweaking the properties cooling measures to ensure there is no property bubble and the increase in property prices has been steady. Investors have been enjoying a fairly good return on investment.
Some major factors to consider investment in Singapore properties include:
- The Singapore Dollar is one of the only four currencies that appreciate against the US Dollar.
- The country continually attracts many notable high net worth executives,
- it has low political risks
- Mortgage rates are attractively low
- It is well known to be a safe haven for assets
- The country has been handing the COVID pandemic very well and the government used close to S$100 billion from its reserve to fund Covid-19 support packages
2. Avoidance of Residential Property Taxes
Savvy investors know that one of the best investment is to get a Property. One of the most notorious Cooling Measures is the implementation of Additional Seller Stamp Duty (ABSD) which applies to the following group of buyers for residential properties (based on Cooling Measures in 2021):
- Singaporeans: second home property at 17%; third and subsequent residential property purchases at 25%
- Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs): The first purchase will be 5% while second and subsequent purchases will be 25%
- For foreigners: a flat rate of 30% for any residential property purchase
- For entities (companies or associations): 35% ABSD for every residential property
Thus to avoid ABSD, many investors are looking into commercial property investment which does not have ABSD.
3. Future Tenure of Industrial Land
In 2012, The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) in an effort to make the industrial property more affordable, announced that more sites with shorter tenure and smaller sites will be released. As a result, the Industrial Government Land Sales (IGLS) is capping the maximum tenure to 30 years, instead of 60-year lease previously.
The five best investments mentioned above are above 30-year lease. In fact, 2 of the recommended commercial properties are FREEHOLD, a tenure which is rarer.
4. Rare Gems Among The Commercial Properties
The supply of some types of commercial properties available for sale to investors is indeed low. There are 3 instances:
- FREEHOLD TENURE. Freehold land in Singapore very limited and it is getting scared. In fact, freehold land open to foreigners’ purchase is indeed low on a global basis. Two of the recommended properties which have freehold tenures are Foodfab@Mandai, The Flow Mall and Hexacube
- GRADE A OFFICE UNITS. While there are no international ratings for grading office building, many investors recognized certain buildings to be obviously Grade A. Factors such as impressive secured lobby and foyer, the touch and feel and high-quality finishings are just some factors. Getting a Grade A Office Space in the Downtown Financial Hub of Singapore is difficult. Today, the opportunity is opened to investors at Plus at 20 Cecil Street
- FOOD FACTORY. There are many restrictions in massive food production in Singapore and food factories can only be found in Food Zones. For those who understand or can relate to the food business, the Foodfab@Mandai and CT FoodChain food factory would be an ideal choice.
5. Cost of Land, Materials and Labour Going Up
Looking at the trend of land prices, the next high cost is always higher than the previous land cost. With land scarce in Singapore, this cannot be avoided. At the same time, the government has been tweaking the property cooling measure to ensure that there is no property bubble and has been slowing down the rate of increase.
With the COVID situation, the cost of materials and labor are threatening to go up rapidly. In the near future, developers would have to increase the prices of properties in order to continue to be in the business.
There are some star buys in each of the recommended properties, do contact us to catch them.
Scan this code for Whatsapp
Have a Chat With Us
Commercial Properties Singapore
8.00 am to 10.00 pm
Hotline: +65 6100 8123