Top Five Best Commercial Property For Sale Singapore
Updated 1 January 2022
NOT AFFECTED BY COOLING MEASURES 2021
NO ABSD for Commerical Properties
Foreigners Welcome to Invest
Limited Strata Titled Properties
Low Interest Rates NOW
Many potential local and foreign buyers have approached us on which property investments are the best for this new norm of COVID Pandemic. While there are many good residential properties for investment, many are keen to explore the commercial properties available for sale, directly from the developers. Commercial properties are known for higher rental yield and all would want to avoid paying the Additional Buyer Stamp Duty (for residential only).
Without much ado, the five best current commercial property investments, as of December 2021, are as follows:
Be Part of Mandai Transformation for the Food Industry
Get a Food Factory for Sale at one of the most promising food zone in Singapore. Mandai is becoming a choice location for food processing with its strategic location near Woodlands Road and the up-coming Sungei Kadut District.
With easy connection to Woodlands Regional Centre and Causeway, it enables manpower access locally and across the causeway and logistic resources, offering business advantages.
In addition, the Sungei Kadut Industrial Estate is geared for a Master Plan Transformation, with a n MRT station planned for mid-2030 and a huge focus on Agri-food innovation, high tech indoor farming and Agricultural Research and Development.
There are already some major players operating in Mandai and they are also gearing up for Mandai Estate to the future of Singapore Food Industry.
Location: Mandai Estate
Developer: ZACD Gp & Welletch Construction
- FREEHOLD full fledged food factory, B2 Industrial
- Only 47 units in total
- Ramp Up, able to accomodate 20 footer trucks
- Estimated TOP is 1st Quarter 2024
- High ceiling height of 5.6 m, with no void
- Loading bay for 20 footer trucks
- 5 units per level, suitable for bulk buy currently
- Well-connected via Bukit Timah Expressway (KPE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Kranji Expressway (KJE)
- Easy access to Woodlands Regional Centre and Causeway
- Prices from S$2,4xx,xxx
- PSF from S$1,3xx
- Sizes from 1,787sqft (158 sqm) to 2,928 sqft (272 sqm)
Singapore Industrial Real Estate: Going Strong
Where industrial is concerned, there is an uptrend in occupancy rate and rents are expected to sustain. Strong manufactuing output is backing a healthy demand.
Prime logistics space is very limited and Space 21, being at the city fringe will fit this very well. Added to its attractiveness, the tenure is FREEHOLD. Great for those who wants to leave a legacy without paying ABSD.
Location: City Fringe - Lorong 21 Geylang
Developer: JVA Venture
- FREEHOLD Industrial Building located at Aljunied
- 5 minute walk to Aljunited MRT
- Only 19 units in total and 1 Canteen
- Space 21, estimated TOP is 4th Quarter 2022
- High ceiling height of 7 m
- Dual key layout
- Well-connected via Kallang Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) and Pan Island Expressway (PIE)
- Accessible to the various type of conveniences and plenty of great food outlets
- Prices from S$1,9xx,xxx
- PSF from S$8xx
- Sizes from 2,433sqft (226 sqm) to 2,508 sqft (233 sqm)
- Also WHOLE FLOOR available for sale
Grade A Office Space in Singapore
The financial district of almost every city lies in the Central Business District (CBD). In Singapore, a Grade A office space would enable companies to enjoy the tip top status, image and positioning on global basis, maintaining the morale of staff, attract the best staff and impress clients immensely. 20 Cecil Street presents these.
By the way, do you know that you are not able to get a Strata titled Grade A office space in Singapore, because around 96% of Grade A office units are not available for sale? Today, the new release of units at 20 Cecil Street could be your little window of opportunity for you to invest in CBD Singapore.
- Limited supply of Grade A Office Spaces in CBD
- Different layout configurations (with the option to amalgamate) to meet every need
- Independent air-conditioning system facilitates flexible operating hours
- 2 minute walk from Raffles Place MRT Station
- Easy access to major transport networks and expressways
- Few minute drive to Orchard
- Lofty open space lobby with security access
- Dedicated office entrance and lobby for select units enhances
- privacy and prestige
- Advanced security system
- 24-hour CCTV surveillance system
- Highly desirable location for MNCs, Financial Institutions and Regional Offices
- No Seller Stamp Duty (SSD)
- No Additional Buyer Stamp Duty (ABSD)
- Foreigners Are Eligible
Price Guide (Limited Units Left)
- Prices from S$2,3xx,xxx
- PSF from S$2,9xx
- Sizes from 786 sqft (73 sqm) to 3,617 sqft (336 sqm)
- Large floor plates at 8,633 sqft (802 sqm) and 10,559 sqft (981 sqm) are available for sale
- Some Units are tenanted
Singapore Retail Industry
The figures speak for themselves, retail sales increased positively on year-on-year basis in September 2021.
Even while Covid-19 has sparked a boom in e-commerce, it has also shown that physically shopping remains relevant.
Retail shopping, while not as healthy as before, is transforming to the new needs of patrons. Moreover, with the government implementing more Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), more tourists are expected and they certainly want good retail shopping experience.
Take a walk at Vivocity during the Weekends and gauge for yourself.
Location: East Coast Road
Developer: Oxley Vibrant Pte Ltd
- Super Rare FREEHOLD Commercial Mall, Next at Katong/East Coast
- Close to Hotels and Residential Houses
- The Flow Mall is only 195m Up-coming Marine Parade MRT station
- Each unit with attached toilet
- 2-level shop allowing shop owners to have flexible configurations
- Admittedly, it is quiet now so developer have lower the prices. When Covid restrictions are minimal, this mall will start to get very busy.
Price Guide (Limited Units Left)
- Prices from only S$1,96x,xxx
- PSF from S$2,5xx
- Sizes from 775 sqft (72 sqm) to 904 sqft (84 sqm)
Food Industry in Singapore
According to Singapore Food Agency, COVID-19 amplify Singapore's vulnerability to disruptions in global chains, as over 90% of our food supply is imported. With the focus on securing food supply, ensuring safe food, forging strategic international engagements and excellence.
The food industry has to change to respond. Food factory is perhaps the way to improve on our quality of food for local and international consumption. By the way, do you know that there is a shortage of central kitchens, more so with the COVID-19 pandemic situation?
If you are keen in Food Industry, get a Food Factory for Sale in Singapore.
Location: Pandan Loop
Developer: Chui Teng (known for quality and detail planning)
Exquisite 10 storey Ramp Up Food Factory, ready for central kitchen, cold storage and food production
CT FoodChain is purposefully designed with High Specifications for Food Factory such as the floor is 7.5 cm lower for easier washing and the exhaust is outside the unit
Located within Pandan Food Zone with many food suppliers
It has great connectivity to various expressways and the future Greater Southern Waterfront
The layout of the unit is highly functional with a high ceiling height
Under construction, estimated completion in September 2023
Price Guide (Only Ground Floor Units Left)
- Prices from S$2,8xx,xxx
- PSF from S$8xx
- Sizes from 3,143 sqft (292 sqm) to 3,272 sqft (304 sqm)
Top 5 Reasons to Consider Commercial Properties in Singapore
1. Singapore is a great place for investment.
The world is in a constant state of conflict and there is much chaos in major economies. In Singapore, the government has been tweaking the properties cooling measures to ensure there is no property bubble and the increase in property prices has been steady. Investors have been enjoying a fairly good return on investment.
Some major factors to consider investment in Singapore properties include:
- The Singapore Dollar is one of the only four currencies that appreciate against the US Dollar.
- The country continually attracts many notable high net worth executives,
- it has low political risks
- Mortgage rates are attractively low
- It is well known to be a safe haven for assets
- The country has been handing the COVID pandemic very well and the government used close to S$100 billion from its reserve to fund Covid-19 support packages
2. Avoidance of Residential Property Taxes
Savvy investors know that one of the best investment is to get a Property. One of the most notorious Cooling Measures is the implementation of Additional Seller Stamp Duty (ABSD) which applies to the following group of buyers for residential properties (based on Cooling Measures in 2021):
- Singaporeans: second home property at 17%; third and subsequent residential property purchases at 25%
- Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs): The first purchase will be 5% while second and subsequent purchases will be 25%
- For foreigners: a flat rate of 30% for any residential property purchase
- For entities (companies or associations): 35% ABSD for every residential property
Thus to avoid ABSD, many investors are looking into commercial property investment which does not have ABSD.
3. Future Tenure of Industrial Land
In 2012, The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) in an effort to make the industrial property more affordable, announced that more sites with shorter tenure and smaller sites will be released. As a result, the Industrial Government Land Sales (IGLS) is capping the maximum tenure to 30 years, instead of 60-year lease previously.
The five best investments mentioned above are above 30-year lease. In fact, 2 of the recommended commercial properties are FREEHOLD, a tenure which is rarer.
4. Rare Gems Among The Commercial Properties
The supply of some types of commercial properties available for sale to investors is indeed low. There are 3 instances:
- FREEHOLD TENURE. Freehold land in Singapore very limited and it is getting scared. In fact, freehold land open to foreigners’ purchase is indeed low on a global basis. Two of the recommended properties which have freehold tenures are Foodfab@Mandai, The Flow Mall and Hexacube
- GRADE A OFFICE UNITS. While there are no international ratings for grading office building, many investors recognized certain buildings to be obviously Grade A. Factors such as impressive secured lobby and foyer, the touch and feel and high-quality finishings are just some factors. Getting a Grade A Office Space in the Downtown Financial Hub of Singapore is difficult. Today, the opportunity is opened to investors at Plus at 20 Cecil Street
- FOOD FACTORY. There are many restrictions in massive food production in Singapore and food factories can only be found in Food Zones. For those who understand or can relate to the food business, the Foodfab@Mandai and CT FoodChain food factory would be an ideal choice.
5. Cost of Land, Materials and Labour Going Up
Looking at the trend of land prices, the next high cost is always higher than the previous land cost. With land scarce in Singapore, this cannot be avoided. At the same time, the government has been tweaking the property cooling measure to ensure that there is no property bubble and has been slowing down the rate of increase.
With the COVID situation, the cost of materials and labor are threatening to go up rapidly. In the near future, developers would have to increase the prices of properties in order to continue to be in the business.
There are some star buys in each of the recommended properties, do contact us to catch them.
Scan this code for Whatsapp
Have a Chat With Us
Commercial Properties Singapore
8.00 am to 10.00 pm
Hotline: +65 6100 8123