Aspects of a Typical Property Launch in Singapore
- The typical order of launching a new development in Singapore is as follows:
– The Developer has to submit their detailed plans to the authorities and seek approval – A real estate marketing agency is typically appointed and the agency work with the developer on the details on how the launch should be conducted including the timing of launch.
– The Developer provides factual and marketing materials to the appointed project manager (from the real estate agency) and the project manager with a team will develop the marketing materials and possibly conduct preliminary briefing sessions with their agents.
– Property consultants start marketing the development when approval from the authorities is given.
– When the show gallery is ready, the Developer will work with the project manager and hold a briefing session with the real estate consultant at the show gallery
– Property consultants market the development with more details provided
– A date is selected for VVIP Preview
– During preview, the actual prices will be released and bookings start.
– After preview, the developer would usually advertise in the major newspapers
- It should be noted that by the time you see the advertisement in the newspapers, some of the units would have been sold
- The best way to get informed is the register yourself with a reputable Real Estate Consultant who focus on commercial properties and work with the Consultant on your needs, requirements and budget.
- Engage the consultant to do a presentation of the development that you are keen in. In most cases, you would be able to take a look the model in the show gallery premise. The model would provide you with some aspects of the development to help you to better gauge your prospective purchase.
- With the various cooling measures and restrictions by the authorities, it is best that you get advice from a banker. If you are not certain whom to approach, you could ask your real estate consultant to recommend a banker for you. In most cases, there will be bankers at the show gallery whom you could see advice from
- Have a good look at the model, understand and visualise your selected units. Peep into the ‘done up’ show gallery, if possible.
- It is also important to visualise the development and your selected unit with respect to the surroundings.
- Do feel free to contact us at 914 3737 if you have any query pertaining to the new property launches in this web site.